On Saturday 16 Apr 2011 16:34, Rob Arthan wrote:
> Phil/Roger,
>
> On 16 Apr 2011, at 02:55, Phil Clayton wrote:
> > Roger,
> >
> > I think the short answer is to use the ProofPower
> > exception mechanisms for readable exception messages.
>
> Yes! Does this give you any problems, Roger?

I had somehow got the impression that these facilities were
only for use during system build and that one could not
subsequently add extra messages, so I have not used them (in
fact I do only tiny bits of coding and don't do much by way
of error handling).

But I just now have an application in which it seems
important to get an error reported with the extended
characters printed correctly.

Are there any conventions as to which error numbers one
should use?

Roger