For anyone interested in installing ProofPower on Mountain Lion, here is what I
1) get Xcode tools from the Apple App Store (it's free, but you will probably
need to provide card details to register).
2) Open Xcode from the Applications menu and goto the Downloads tab in
Preferences dialogue (from the Xcode menu). Press the button to install the
command line tools.
3) Get XQuartz from http://xquartz.macosforge.org/landing/ and follow the
4) Get MacPorts from http://www.macports.org and follow the installation
instructions. Note it will update
your .profile file to include /opt/local/bin and /opt/local/sbin in your path.
5) Use MacPorts to install openmotif polyml and texlive:
port install openmotif
port install polyml
port install texlive
6) Download ProofPower from http//lemma-one.com/ProofPower/getting and unpack
the tar ball.
7) In the ProofPower installation directory, configure ProofPower to find motif
in /opt/local and install
Proofpower mailing list