Jon,

Change “Z” on the first line of your Z paragraph to “ZAX” and all should be
well. Spivey Z, ProofPower-Z and ISO Z all require this bit of mark-up to
distinguish axiomatic descriptions with the predicate part omitted (what you
want) and given set definitions, free type definitions and constraints. The
typesetting in ProofPower-Z is not quite in line with Spivey Z and ISO Z,
because it gives you independent control of whether to print the vertical  bar
on the left, whereas I think the presence or absence of the vertical bar is
intended to be a visual clue to what kind of paragraph you have in Spivey Z and
ISO Z.