David,

On 30 Mar 2015, at 06:05, David Topham <dtop...@ohlone.edu> wrote:

> I know I am preaching to the choir here, but I was so impressed by the
> behavior of ProofPower today I thought I would go ahead and express my
> appreciation anyway!
>
> I have been using xpp to prepare notes and exercises for my discrete math
> course this semester, and today after spending a couple of hours working on a
> doc with some recursive functions in SML and inductive proofs in Latex, my
> xpp froze up!  I don't know why, but I thought I was doomed.  Then,
> magically, as I gave up and killed the process I saw the wonderful message:
>             xpp-panic-problem_3_1_10.doc-Dq6T0c
> was being saved!
>
> Thank you, thank you, whoever added in that code to automatically save before
> dying!

My pleasure! git tells me that that bit of the code will be celebrating its
21st birthday next month.

For future reference, xpp sometimes freezes because a dialogue box asking you
for input has got hidden behind other windows. So it’s worth sliding other
windows out of the way to see if you can find that dialogue box before killing
the process.