Dear all,

I get the following error when I tried to instantiated a forall quantifier in
an assumption which I inserted using asm_tac.

  Exception Fail * Trying to instantiate type variable 'a, which occurs in
assumption list [z_∀_elim.6006] * raised

The following dummy example can replay this error

set_goal ([], %SZT% %forall% x : %int%; y : %pset% %int% %=>% x %mem% y %or% x
%notmem% y %>%);
a  (strip_tac);a  (strip_tac);a  (strip_tac);
a (asm_tac z_id_%bij%_thm);
a (z_spec_nth_asm_tac 1 %SZT% y %>%);

What does this error mean ? Where did I do wrong here ? Thanks in advance.

best,
Yuhui

-----
We invite research leaders and ambitious early career researchers to
join us in leading and driving research in key inter-disciplinary themes.
Please see www.hw.ac.uk/researchleaders for further information and how
to apply.

registered under charity number SC000278.