I followed with these instructions, and use self-signed certificate,
https://prosody.im/doc/certificates and
https://prosody.im/doc/modules/mod_tls

notice: I have enabled mod_tls and set  c2s_require_encryption = true
I use prosody 0.9.1 on Ubuntu.

after restart prosody,  Adium(Mac XMPP client) can't connected with info
"You require encryption, but it is not available on this server.",
maybe self-signed certificates is the root of issue, i guess. can u give
some help?

thanks for your reply.