I'm working on a project that needs the persistent-items feature of pubsub
and the pubsub collection nodes
extension https://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0248.html.

I saw someone here recommend using wokkel/idavoll, but I'm having the
hardest time getting idavoll installed and running and I would prefer to
keep this all in Prosody if I can.

So, I was thinking is there something I can do to help implement these
features? I'm fairly new to lua and xmpp so I would need some help getting
started. I think collection nodes would probably be the simpler of the two
to implement and I can work without persistent-items for now.