Maybe some of you already know about online banking software that gives
support to custom electronic currency (not Bitcoin) like Cyclos
<http://www.cyclos.org/>, OSC <https://blog.opensourcecurrency.org/>, Community
Forge <http://communityforge.net/en>, CES
<https://www.community-exchange.org/>...

When I think of XMPP I see a potential tool to give extra support to
communities who use custom currencies, since they could integrate
accounting system with powerful instant messaging.

I am figuring out how this could be achieved. The way I am thinking about
is by creating a Prosody module that handles and stores all transactions.
It could consist in a special MUC containing all users belonging to the
community and a bot that would act as the 'bank clerk'. It would receive
payments and collection requests, ask for permission to the involved party,
and register succesful transactions. Every user would see his account
statements list as if it was a private chat with the clerk bot inside the
MUC.

My programming skills are limited, so I am looking for someone who might be
interested in the subject in order to begin a collaboration.

Best Regards