Hi All,

I am currently looking into some config and scaling options - the goal is
to integrate prosody into some hosting scenario. In the end there is a
webclient embedded into another application, and it is using BOSH to
connect to prosody (with nginx doing SSL offloading).
In one of my tests I tried to create a lot of VirtualHost configs - and to
my surprise there seems to be a limit. While everything was pretty smooth
for like 20 hosts, I really had problems with larger numbers. 500 hosts
also does not seem to be a problem, but with 1000 hosts it basically
stopped working.
I increased RAM and adjusted limits for file descriptors, but it looks like
even with 8G of RAM I am not able to connect anymore. I am currently trying
with prosody 0.10.

Any hints on how to solve this? In the intended target environment I am
facing a situation with something like 5000 domains - which would create
1000 hosts in prosody ( domain and conference component).

best regards,
Stefan