I am using nginx as the websocket proxy. Prosody version 0.9.8

I am making 1500 websocket connections using a script and when all
connections are done - I close them all. At this point, based on the logs,
it seems like the event loop is (presumably) blocked till all the
connections are closed (until listener's ondisconnect function is called
for all connections). The *main* observation is that there is a delay in
handling the events - *about 3 - 5 seconds between handling each disconnect*.
This renders prosody unusable for a long time until all the disconnect
events are processed,

What I want to understand is the delay between each disconnect. Is there a
way to reduce this delay?

Note that I do not observe this delay (between disconnects) if I run the
same test with say up to 500 connections. The *total* delay was about 2 - 3
seconds during which time the event loop is  ( presumably) blocked till all
the connections are closed.

Please advise