For those of you not keeping up with the latest tech news, here is a bit
that affected all of us today...

   "AT&T announced on Thursday, March 22, 2001, that they
    have acquired the assets of NorthPoint Communications.
    However, AT&T has elected not to continue to provide
    service to the current NorthPoint customer-base."

The unfortunate result of this acquisition, is that over 100,000 businesses
and residences lost Internet broadband service without prior notice. We
were one of those.

We have been scrambling throughout the day to bring backup services on-line
and to re-configure the network and servers accordingly. We were able to
put a backup server in place almost immediately, to cache incoming mail
until the rest of the systems were back on-line. However due to the
abruptness of the change, some members that posted messages earlier today
may have received mail back as undeliverable. This is due to the
propagation time required to update MX records across the Internet. This
should be mostly complete by now, but some areas of the Internet may
require another 10-12 hours to see the changes. In any case, simply re-post
your message if it bounced.

No doubt some of you will want to discuss this at great length, please do
so on the Open Topic forum.

Thanks for your understanding and cooperation,

Forum Administrator
Association of Protel EDA Users
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.techservinc.com/protelusers

* To join or leave this list visit:
*                      - or email -
* mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?body=leave%20proteldevforum