This forum is for discussing server add ins... although, there is gag rule
in the NDA for now so we can't say anything ;0)

I Think this is the major failing of Protel that they use proprietary
Delphi/munged Pascal (a teaching language)..  and provide/mandate
extensibility functionality with the same...  this failing is
inherited/derived from the Delphi base....

I suppose though, many a EDA/CAD package are like this (Cadence
Allegro/Concept SKILL for example)....  Gross incompatibilities in language
syntax, binaries, reinventing the wheel, etc.

If Delphi disappeared tomorrow, Protel would be f**Ked.....  (that's
right... forKed) Pascal seems to be a dead language...

why they have such a dependence on it is beyond me...  For add-ins, They
should use language independent COM! (with 2 way interfaces/events to get
yer hooks into the loop)....  These days, nothing should be proprietary as
it automatically kills the agileness and adaptability of the product; into
an early grave...  COM is not really proprietary (although, the
code/language that implements it can be) and the interface can be published
easily ...  you can use COM with Delphi (and my favorite time saving...
PERL)

<end of soap box>
-chris