On 09:02 AM 22/10/2001 +0100, Keith Woodcock said:
>Hi Guys
>
>Does anyone know if there is a good macro help resource site for Protel
>(99SE).  The online help is abysmal.

Yes - here or the PEDA list.  The process parameter descriptions are
sometimes quite out-of-date.  The parameters for the  CreateNetlist are
woefully bad (though there is a revised help file for this from Protel if
you make the enquiry.  And some of the others are pretty poor.

>I've been trying to use the Delete Process in the spread sheet and I
>understand most of it except for the 'shift' parameter, how do I specify
>right or down when it says its supposed to be an integer value?
>
>Cheers
>
>Keith W

To answer your question:

Protel must define appropriate values for Right and Down in the SDK as the
following parameter strings worked OK for me:

C1=1|C2=3|R1=4|R2=4|Shift=Down
and
C1=1|C2=3|R1=4|R2=4|Shift=Right

I just gave it a go and it worked as per the help - though I would tend to
think that Shift constants of Left or Up would be more intuitive.  That is,
the remaining cells are shifted left or up to fill the void rather than
thinking in terms of from which direction will the process fill the
void.  Actually, in this case I would say the help is actually OK.

Bye for now,

Ian Wilson

* To leave this list visit:
* Forum Guidelines Rules: