i'm new to this forum, so i'm not sure how many people are in it or how much
help this will be.  but since protel's online knowledge base isn't working,
this seems like a good alternative.

i'm new to protel macro development and i can't find any real good
documentation on Client Basic or any of it's proprietary functions and
properties.  i need to do something that seems like it would be pretty
simple.  we have a database of all our electrical parts, and what i'd like
to do is this:

I will put a button on the schematic menu that launches a macro.  the macro
will then send a custom program that i write (probably in VB) the name of a
selected object in the schematic editor. my program will look up our part
number in our database and send the data back to the macro. Then, the macro
will then update the selected object with our part number.

pretty simple and straight-forward right?  so, where do i get started?  :)

Thanks!

Aron Hoekstra
Software Engineer
The Board Room, Inc.