From: Dave Apsley [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, February 07, 2002 10:17
To: Protel Developers Forum
Subject: Re: [PDEV] How to pass parameters of process
"PCB:LibraryBrowse"

The UK distributor of Protel also has soom thre party add-ons of which
there
is a PCB and a Schematic Library Browser. each application will produce
tumbnailed sheet of all the devices stored within the library.
Unfortunately these applications only work with 99 and not 99SE,
although
they had said that they are working on a 99SE version, but I wouldn't
hold
my breath.

There web address is http://www.eda.co.uk/

>From: "Pascal PELLIZZONI" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>To: "'Protel Developers Forum'" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Subject: Re: [PDEV] How to pass parameters of process
"PCB:LibraryBrowse"
>Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 13:22:31 +0100
>
> >How much experience do you have with using macros and/or the SDK
files
> >create your own Processes within customised addon Servers)? From what
you
> >are saying, it would seem that this is a project in which a
reasonable
> >amount of experience in those areas is called for.
>
>I haven't got experience neither with using macro, nor with the SDK
>files...
>I was only curious of possibilities of Protel to add functionnality...

"PCB:LibraryBrowse"

> > Is there any possibility to pass parameters of process
>"PCB:LibraryBrowse"
> > (Footprint and Library parameters) ?
> > I run this BASIC script (something like that):
> > ResetParameters
> > RunProcess ("PCB:LibraryBrowse)
> > GetStringParameter ("Footprint", a$)
> > and so on...
> > The paramameter doesn't seem to be passed.
>
>You can pass parameters (and parameter values) *to* Processes, but as
far
>as
>I know, it is not possible to read (parameter) values *from* Processes
>though. (I have an idea that one or two functions, of a special purpose
>nature, can return values, but that is a different story.)
>
> > In fact, I would make a script that can be run from the schematic
editor
> > make a "thumbnail" of existing footprint, and pass the "Footprint"
>parameter
> > to use it directly in the placement of part in schematic (e.g. with
>making
> > custom dialog box...)
> >
> > Pascal PELLIZZONI
>
>It sounds as though you want to be able to display an image of each
>prospective footprint (for a component).
>
>If you could accomplish this (off-hand, I'm not sure if you could
actually
>do so or not), the Pcb Library file containing the footprint of
interest
>would need to be opened at the time (as Pcb Library files can not
>(currently) be saved in ASCII format, and the details of the binary
format
>of these files has not been publicly documented).
>
>How much experience do you have with using macros and/or the SDK files
>create your own Processes within customised addon Servers)? From what
you
>are saying, it would seem that this is a project in which a reasonable
>amount of experience in those areas is called for.

* To leave this list visit:
* Forum Guidelines Rules:
* Browse or Search previous postings:
* http://www.mail-archive.com/proteldevforum@techservinc.com