On 05:18 PM 22/03/2002 -0500, Sean Gross said:
>I wish to build a server utility that has the capability of editing text
>fields for part objects that have been placed on schematic sheets.  I am
>particularly interested in editing the "Part Type" field which is an object
>handle to a TSchTextField.
>
>After reviewing the SDK documentation it doesn't appear that it is possible
>to edit these primitives given the API functions that are provided.  Does
>anyone have any experience with making a change to an existing part object
>using SDK?
>
>Sean Gross
>Computer Engineering Technologist
>Aastra Telecom
>Ph:  (403) 516-2693
>Fax: (403) 262-8245
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Sean,

Technically the NDA, if still in force (see below), prevents us from
discussing details of the SDK since it (the SDK) is still in
pre-release.  So my usual method of asking questions is to ask them of
protel tech support - who always reply that technically they do not support
the SDK but they will refer the question on to the SDK experts.  I believe
there is *no* move to release the P99SE SDK, and no move to rescind the
NDA.  Not something I am hugely impressed with...

However, depending on when you "signed" (or downloaded) the SDK the
one-year time limit in the NDA is quite likely to be up - it is for many of
us.  It does get a little more complex when you consider that the RTL
updates may or may not be covered by details being discussed and this may
or may not have been downloaded much later than when the SDK itself was
downloaded.

Also, I have been informed by Protel Tech Support that this forum could be
used to discuss the SDK but when I pursued the issue of the NDA preventing
public discussion (and this is a public group) there was no clear answer
saying go ahead it is OK. So I am not sure what the real situation
is.  Since the new version of Protel is coming out soon I would not be
surprised if the P99SE SDK was never released.

Anyway I downloaded the SDK which includes the documentation and the
samples much more than a year ago, so... it is possible to change the text
(and other attributes) in TSchTextField objects.  Look at SchAPI_QueryText
and look at the documentation for SchAPI_QueryText  (use eGetState and
eSetState to get, modify and write back the required values).

Ian Wilson

* To leave this list visit:
* Forum Guidelines Rules:
* Browse or Search previous postings: