Hi,

I've lost track of the correct thread for this question.

To Get Protel 99 info into our Zevatech PM570L Pick Place (Juki) machine we use the
Protel CAM manger to generate Pick Place file.
This info is cut & pasted into an excel spreadsheet & massaged.
This is then fed into a ZevaTech provided dos program called FLEXPROG. This gives you
a .P5A output file that can be read by Zevatech PM570L.

Note: This only gives the pick place informaton of the board components x,y co-ords &
board origin with respect to tooling pin.
You must still manually input all component attribute data & feeder locations.
ie.
4K7 5% -1206 is x mm long, y mm wide, use vacuum pick nozzle 2, 8mm embossed feeder
4k7 5% -1206 is front position 1-3, x,y,z offset ..

*** If there is a way on entering this extra data in advance, pls let me know. ***

Boring Details of necessary format for input to FLEXPROG (V3.4) program:

The fields are trimmed to Designator, Comment/component name, REF X, REF Y, rotation.
This means sorting top and bottom layer components in two separate files.
The REF X, REF Y must be centre of component.
So, if your component library ref location is not center pay lost of attention to this
: the rotation may need to be adjusted.
As the Zevatech program does not use a footprint field, we merge the comment &
footprint fields together.ie R13, 4K7 5%,1206,... becomes R13, 4K7 5% -1206, ..
The header is deleted and replaced with 9 fields describing board id, board ref x,
board ref y, BOC1 x, BOC1 y, BOC2 x, BOC2 y, BOC3 x, BOC3 y
* x,y coords in mm & limited to 2 decimal places.
* comment/component name limit 20 chars
Save as tab delimited text file.

The above could be automated, we have not got around to that yet.

pls email direct if you need specifics.

cheers

Jamie Reuel
Engineering Manager

Alfatron Pty Ltd
ABN: 65 005 410 819
PO Box 4161
Ringwood 3134
Tel: +61-3- 9876 9011
Fax: +61-3- 9876 9044
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Web: www.alfatron.com.au

* Tracking #: DCAA35B7E9B9984FB41B452D1BB0909D676B96C1

* To leave this list visit:
* Forum Guidelines Rules:
* Browse or Search previous postings:
* http://www.mail-archive.com/proteldevforum@techservinc.com