On Sun, 4 Feb 2001, Rob Malos wrote:

> Steve,
>           Just a word of warning, No-ERC markers will conceal ALL errors on
> the net you mark. This would for example hide the fact that you had tied the
> power net from your DC-DC converter to GND by accidently placing the wrong
> power port symbol.

Sort of - They don't seem to suppress all warnings related to that net,
rather all warnings that would place an error _there_. I think you may
have found the show-stopper, though. It's definitely easier to fix opens
than shorts on power layers. Perhaps I ought to bug Protel for a couple
more pin-types, as I reckon the ERC handling for power pins is dangerous.

Cheers,

   Steve