Steve,
          Just a word of warning, No-ERC markers will conceal ALL errors on
the net you mark. This would for example hide the fact that you had tied the
power net from your DC-DC converter to GND by accidently placing the wrong
power port symbol.

I sympathise with your grief over having a power net with no source, but
don't feel that this is the way to go. There is so much potential for an even
worse error. No-ERC markers are too all encompassing. As you said "Protecting
me from myself is what I pay the ERC for...". If you add a No-ERC marker its
says "Whatever you think, you dumb bit of software, I really do KNOW what i'm
doing here". Only I am human, and believe me, shorting a power net to ground
IS possible. Been there, done that, only narrowly avoided having the usless
collection of copper and FR4 to prove it.

Regards,
Rob Malos,
Cyborg Design.