----- Original Message -----
From: "Gene Silvernail" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Multiple recipients of list proteledausers"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, February 05, 2001 12:43 PM
Subject: [PROTEL EDA USERS]: Whats With Global Replacement ???

> What gives with global string replacement
> ................it's flat confusing......or.....doesn't work 100%
>
> It seems to be one of those Protelish items that I continue to
> retry every once in a while but finally take the 3 count to
> the mat on...and give up...uncle !!!!
>
> I simply wanted to change Lib Ref in a resistor in the PCB.Lib I'm using.
> I made the changes in the Lib...Clicked UPDATE SCHEMATICS and
> it didn't update them. All of this was done with inter-change saving of
> documents...caution. Having failed this is when I tried another round
> with PROTELS GLOBAL SMOBAL MUMBO JUMBO
>
> Using PROTEL 99SE SP6
>
> Any light would be appreciated.
>
> Pre_Thanks
>
> Gene Silvernail

Just took the Lib Ref part that I wanted all existing R?'s  changed to and
placed a dummy into
each ( 12 ) schematics and then tried a global again....it worked...all the
old Lib Ref R?'s were
changed to the new Lib Ref on the dummy R?. I think GLOBAL was not at fault
it just couldn't
find the part in the library....weird why didn't it UPDATE SCHEMATICS in the
first place??

As Steve Irwins says danger danger danger

Gene...Later