> > > In schematic, I was editing my button toolbar (power ports) and I
> > > clicked on the "Info" button. Protel complained that it couldn't
> > > find "AdvSch.HLP". This file is in c:\Program Files\Protel99SE\Help.
> > > How do I tell protel? Does anyone know where protel is looking for
> > > the help file?
> > >
> > > Les Grant
> >
> > Protel is "probably" expecting to find this file at c:\Program
> > Files\Protel99SE (based on where HLP files were found in earlier
> > versions). In my experience, if you "tell" it where it *really* is, it
> > should "know" from that time on. So when you are offered to locate the
> > file yourself, do so. Even though it will probably consequently abort
> > before opening the file on that occasion, it *should* then find the
> > file itself, during *following* attempts to access on-line help.
> >
> > Geoff Harland
>
> Unfortunately, I wasn't offered the opportunity to "tell" it...
> Thanks anyway.
>
> Les Grant

Yes, it looks as though its past behaviour has changed with the release of
SP6. (Prior to then, a dialog box was invoked, with which you could then
navigate to the folder containing the AdvSch.HLP file.)

A hunch, but try opening Windows Explorer, navigate to the c:\Program
Files\Protel99SE\Help folder, then open the AdvSch.HLP file (by double
clicking on it). That will produce a AdvSch.gid file in the same folder,
which is perhaps what Protel 99 *also* needs to "see" before opening the
AdvSch.HLP file (while providing "on-line" help).

Then again, if that file already exists, or this attempt to fix things
doesn't work out either, I will confess to being baffled...

Regards,
Geoff Harland.
E-Mail Disclaimer