Hi Geoff,

On 6 Feb 2001, at 11:17, Geoff Harland wrote:

> Yes, it looks as though its past behaviour has changed with the
> release of SP6. (Prior to then, a dialog box was invoked, with which
> you could then navigate to the folder containing the AdvSch.HLP file.)

I am still using SP5...

> A hunch, but try opening Windows Explorer, navigate to the c:\Program
> Files\Protel99SE\Help folder, then open the AdvSch.HLP file (by double
> clicking on it). That will produce a AdvSch.gid file in the same
> folder, which is perhaps what Protel 99 *also* needs to "see" before
> opening the AdvSch.HLP file (while providing "on-line" help).

Thanks for the suggestion but it didn't help. :-(

> Then again, if that file already exists, or this attempt to fix things
> doesn't work out either, I will confess to being baffled...

That makes two of us! ;-)

Cheers,
Les.

Les Grant. VK2KYJ.      Phone: 02 9896 7150 Fax: 02 9631 1236
Grantronics Pty Ltd     Int'l: +612 9896 7150, +612 9631 1236
PO Box 275                     mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Wentworthville. NSW. 2145.      http://www.grantronics.com.au
Australia.
Microcontroller Hardware and Software development:  Atmel AVR
8051 derivatives, 80C196 family, C, ASM, Digital and analogue
Australian distributor for:
o Dunfield Development Systems low cost development tools
o ImageCraft AVR and Motorola Windows-hosted C compilers