Terry Harris wrote:

> On Mon, 5 Feb 2001 18:58:12 -1000, you wrote:
>
> >One item I would like to see added to PCB is the use of a wild card (and a
> >range) when placing components etc.
> >i.e. 'edit' 'move' 'Component' U*.  This would allow the user to place all
> >designated components starting with the lowest value of U and progress
> >upward to the last, or moving components individually within the designated
> >range.
>
> I am not sure this is such a big deal. In move component mode if you click
> on nothing you are prompted to select or type the component designator.
>
> When I am doing this on 1st pass placement I am generally looking at the
> schematic and picking components by proximity not numerical order.
>
> >From memory the ActivePlace add on does something like you suggest but the
> component 'order' is derived from connectivity in the netlist.
>
> If I could be bothered to figure out how it all works I suspect use of
> component rooms and automatically moving components to those rooms would
> help a lot with initial placement.
>
> Cheers, Terry.

About this subject, i would appreciate to have
the list of components panel that we can display/hide like
other panels  and using like drag and move into
the desired PCB location. (As for files/folder)
When cursor go out of the panel, the component
drawing should appear at the cursor position
as a "normal" move.
For me it will be very helpful and easiest to use
as the move-component-select-at cursor position-.....
repeated for all components.

May be this way exists now, but i don't find it?

Have a nice day,

Rudy

PS Sorry for my poor English!
--