Hi Georg -
I do realise what you're trying to point out. I believe, an instance like
that won't happen to often.
A schem. designer, will always be ware of the pcb-size and the components
chosen for the design.
However - I won't deny it - it can happen, but then there is still the pcb
designer, the person who actually deals with the componetry.
So, its very unlikely for a component that size slip through 2 instances.
I very much though like your idea of integrating this feature already into
the schem-program.
Cheers
Robi