From: Drew Lundsten [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, 8 February 2001 14:26
To: Multiple recipients of list proteledausers
Subject: [PROTEL EDA USERS]: PDF and/or Postscript generation with
"over-bars"?

When we print schematics to .pdf using Acrobat Distiller or PDFWriter,
or to a generic Postscript printer (ours is a HP Laserjet 4050N),
"over-bar" symbols often disappear from a pin or net name and turn into
a much longer bar or line segment somewhere else on the same schematic
page. The result is that with a large page full of active-low signals,
the spurious over-bars make reading the schematic impossible - they look
like wire segments.

The installation in question is a P3-550/192M/Win2K/P99SE/SP5, and just
now confirmed with SP6. Protel tech support also confirmed the problem
on a sample schematic today, according to one of our engineers; it has
come up several times on various schematics of various sizes.

Has anyone else had printing problems with over-bars and if so, are
there any known solutions? My inclination is to always stick with a
leading - or # for active-low signals, but support and revision of
legacy designs is still a problem.

Thanks in advance,

Drew