From: "Dwight Harm" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Multiple recipients of list proteledausers"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, February 07, 2001 11:36 PM
Subject: RE: [PROTEL EDA USERS]: Suggestions for improving Protel...

> Brian,
> Have you seen/used component classes (or 'rooms')?  They provide some of
the facility you're describing, although not as flexible.
> The idea of having both preferred and disallowed areas for parts is
interesting.  To make use of this additional information,
> though, one would need an autoplacer quite a bit 'smarter' than the
current one.

properties, there should be a simple graphical
> representation of the outline of your PCB.  On this outline, you should be
able to paint with the mouse the area of preference,
> (best position, neutral position, keep out position), for where the auto
place should try to place the components for that sheet.
> All components within the sheet would use the painted setting of the
sheets sheet designator setting unless an individual component
> within the sheet has a specific setting of its own.  Default for all
components would be a neutral setting for the entire board.