> An important point here, that I just now realized: keepouts have NO EFFECT
on planes!  Whether it's a keepout at the board edge, or
> around a mounting hole, the gerbers do NOT get negative-copper in those
areas.  Which is why everyone has to run these tracks around
> the edges.
>
> I only recently did my first board with planes. After reading your post I
went and examined my gerbers and the boards in more
> detail.  I was lucky -- the fab house "automatically" kept the planes back
from the board edge by about 30mils without asking.  (The
> planes extend a bit beyond my keepout lines, but shouldn't cause any
grief.)

> It'd be nice if the PCB-wizard took care of this for us!
>
> Dwight Harm

I suggest that you post a message with a Subject of (Re:) Suggestions for
improving Protel... , and in the contents, suggest that the Pcb Wizard be
enhanced in the manner suggested. That way, what you are requesting will be
specifically identified as another aspect where Protel could be improved.

I have some other aspects that I want to append to that thread myself
(though in some cases I still have to check whether they actually have been
provided in SP6)...

Regards,
Geoff Harland.
E-Mail Disclaimer