Ok... I haven't followed this... but I don't want to go back looking either
;)

It sounds like you ran a netlist into a routed board.

The netlist only has net info for the components and their pads.

So... the tracks are left with the net NoNet... this will cause a short
circuit violation and a clearance violation.  NoNet next to NoNet =
Different nets to Protel(Or it did... haven't checked since SP6... but I
imagine it has not changed)

There is a process to update these tracks with the netname of the pads they
are connected to.

If you loaded the netlist manually with Design-->Load Nets in PCB... then
you will need to do Design-->Netlist Manager-->Menu-->Update Free Primitives
from Component Pads after the netslist was loaded.

This will go through and assign all the nets the way they should be(assuming
all is routed completely and correctly)

The other way... if you are updating PCB through the Synchronizer(in SCH
Design-->Update PCB)  In the Synchronize Dialog there is a Checkbox to
'Assign Net to Connected Copper'  Checking this box will perform the same
task once the Netlist Synch is complete on the PCB.

No time to re-read this to make sure it makes sense... so I hope it makes
sense ;)

Colby