I hope it doesn't give CR for a diode !
or IC for a U

so what do you do with a 3 pin regulator that looks like a Q?
I have taken to naming them Q or sometimes REG
if you name them U the assembly people look all around for an IC type
package

personally I like Z for a zener and TZ for a tranzorb, but I'm sure
these are non standard and will cause disagreement
this way you can look at a board and have a small idea what is going on

the real fun comes in trying to get J $ P to be logical and consistent

Dennis Saputelli