From: TSListServer [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On
Behalf Of Dennis Saputelli
Sent: Tuesday, February 13, 2001 12:46 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list proteledausers
Subject: Re: [PROTEL EDA USERS]: Inner Power Plane clearances ISO

hey, "rookie" isn't a pejorative, in sports they are the team's future
I did not intend to insult or demean you, sorry if it came off that way

besides, my main point as stated was that the board shop did not handle
this situation well
they should have advised you and/or fixed it properly, not increase the
board size!

I remember on one of my first double sided bds (pre-cad) I drove the
tape up to the board shop and they asked me for the drill chart
I asked them what that was and they said they wanted to know what sizes
to drill the holes
I told them "you know, resistors and ICs and stuff like that"
they made the board fine by guessing from the pad sizes
(since then I've become something of a hole size fanatic)

on the other side I once had a shop put a board on hold for a week
because the fab print said 8.000" but they said the board Gerbers
measured 7.999"
I pointed out that they have a 5 mil outside routing tolerance, but they
responded that they were ISO-9000 and needed a written sign-off for the
'deviation'

Unfortunately, I fear this is where we are headed, more nonsense and
less service.

Dennis Saputelli