we use a 50 mil track centered on the board outline, you can just clone
the board outline to the plane layers and use a global to thicken them
I think I recall hearing that 25 mils is a desirable amount for
clearance to board edge.

here's a question, what do you do with planes in the finger/ paddle area
of a card edge?
also what do you do about soldermask on fingers?
if just do an expand it gets big on top, sometimes we just draw a huge
trace across the whole thing

here's anudder one:
what do you do about plating bars for fingers, do you generally provide
one in the design, or just let the fab shop worry about it?
we generally supply one, but it's a large component and kind of a pain
to move it on and off for DRCs and docs and such
I just made up the dimensions of it and nobody has ever commented one
way or the other, for all I know they cut the damn thing off and make
their own.

Dennis Saputelli