Hey DJ,
I've had similar problems before and eventually I gave up and re-setup all
our machines under the floating licence scenario.
Problems included if one machine was set up on floating license (default)
then it would poach the codes from any machine on the network which did not
have floating licenses and you would then get multiple user messages on your
so called individually licensed machine.
Any reason for not using floating licenses?
It doesn't answer your Q but maybe another piece of the puzzle?.
Good luck!

Ed