Brad Velander
Lead PCB Design
Norsat International Inc.
#100 - 4401 Still Creek Dr.,
Burnaby, B.C., Canada.
V5C6G9.
voice: (604) 292-9089 (direct line)
fax:    (604) 292-9010
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
www: www.norsat.com

-----Original Message-----
From: TSListServer [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On
Behalf Of Dennis Saputelli
Sent: Wednesday, February 14, 2001 11:53 AM
To: Multiple recipients of list proteledausers
Subject: Re: [PROTEL EDA USERS]: DRC -->ATTN Mr.Lomax

sometimes, for reasons unknown to me and at times that little or nothing
was changed we have seen an entire working board "light up" w/ DRCs
we then go thru the mysterious and aggravating cycle of:
clear the nets
learn the board (update prims)
load the nets

those steps are in various orders possibly differing from above
at some point things get "good" again but sometimes not before a few
spins through those steps

note that during the above procedures no design rules were touched or
any changes made other than the above steps
I would be careful that before the board is shipped you can just re-load
the netlist without problems since "learning" the board can introduce
unintended issues

Dennis Saputelli