--- Peter Bennett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > Robi
> I can't run my eprom programmer (DOS program - uses
> parallel port) under
> Win2000.

Of course it doesn't work, Win 2k is a protected
operating system, only authorised programs can access
the hardware.. and  OLD dos programs don't know how to
ask nicely :)  You might hold out for a win2k driver
from the supplier for your programmer.. we just put
ours in a box when we changed.. Dos ones tend to be
old and slow anyways.. and the replacement was quite
abit quicker (and supported more modern devices)

> My Aztec 8085 C compiler apparently can't find
> paths, or follow
> environment variable settings, under Win2000

Win2k console isnt a dos prompt .. it just mostly
looks like one..

> The mouse doesn't work with Borland C 2 in a DOS
> window. The compiler
> does work, if I can figure out how to do everything
> from the keyboard.

see above. it is not a DOS window ...

> And I just discovered a problem with Protel 99SE/SP5
> under Win2000 that
> doesn't seem to occur under Win98.  With Win2000,
> Protel crashed when
> trying to unhide component comments on a PCB, or
> when copying that PC to
> a new one - both operations seem to work find under
> Win98...

Havn't seen that one sory.. but did try win2k

Simon

=====
---
Simon Peacock