On 10:49 AM 13/02/2001 -0800, Abd ul-Rahman Lomax said:

>Sometimes a consistent crash on startup of Client is due to a defective
>database which is being loaded automatically. There may be a key command,
>as I recall, which will interrupt the startup, but I don't recall what it
>is. It isn't ESC.
>
>[It ought to be.]

Late reply as I've been away.

Holding the <Ctrl> key as P99SE starts up prevents any *documents* within
automatically opened DDB files from re-opening. But I have not been able to
find a key that prevents the DDB file(s) from automatically re-opening.  I
think that holding the ctrl key down as P99SE starts up should prevent any
DDB file from being re-opened - not just the docs within DDBs.

Still the above key press can prevent an errant document from causing a crash.

Ian Wilson