On 10:07 AM 2/20/01 -0800, Andrew W. Riley III said:

>Hello again,
>
>The second port on my GeForce2 MX has decided to quit working... And now I
>have no evidence to back up what I said in my original post.
>So (eating crow),..

I hope you understand, Andrew Riley, my purpose was not to challenge you to
a duel of whit, but simply to correct or stand corrected.  We had
definitely not reached the point where any flaming was taking place, nor
did I expect that to be the case.

It's the list server I have issues with, because I can no longer be sure
that threads are being maintained, or whether their content is only
reaching a portion of the list...

On to bigger and better questions. Intel or other chipset? if not intel
chipset, then make sure you have all of the most up-to-date chipset patches
installed, as well as the companion MX drivers (must be the correct
pairing), as the MX cards are more than finicky with non-intel chipsets.
Via? (I've read a lot of "blank-secondary!!!" type messages in which the
user has a motherboard using the Via chipset. Known prob, known solution.

As I've said on more than one occasion, crow tastes okay, if one knows how
to prepare it...I have a very large bin of crow seasoning at my disposal,
just in case I'm the one eating poultry on this one...

regards,

2.2   S E C O N D   D R O P   T O W E R
Andrew J Jenkins        Electrical Engineer
National Center for Microgravity Research
NASA-Glenn Research Center MS 45-1
21000 Brookpark Rd, Cleveland OH 44135
(216) 433-5001 fax:433-3793