At 11:46 AM 3/13/01 +0800, [Luo] wrote:

>I try to use the pads on multilayer using pad stack. I set the top and
>middle layer pad to 0, and set the hole as a NPTH, But when I chech the
>gerber file, I noticed a round flash with 8mil diameter on the top solder
>mask layer. How to solve that?

Some others have already responded, but, for myself, I would not want to
answer this question until I knew what Luo was trying to accomplish. As was
noted already, it sounds like Luo wants a bottom pad with nothing on the
other layers. To accomplish this, simply set the pad attribute to "Bottom."
There will then be no pad or soldermask geometry on any other layer,
assuming that the hole size is zero; and I do not recommend setting a
non-zero hole size with a surface pad (Top or Bottom). Pad stacks are not
appropriate for this kind of application.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Abdulrahman Lomax
P.O. Box 690
El Verano, CA 95433