John:

Did you try "Repair database", under the down-arrow to the left of the File
menu?
Try installing SP6, it might not help you, but it can't hurt.
Did you try other designs? Do they all do this behaviour?
How big is the file - can you email it to someone to see if it's broken on
their installation?

HTH,
Cheers,
Matt van de Werken (If you like I could try opening the database on my
installation).

* To join or leave this list visit: