On 04:32 PM 3/23/2001 -0600, Heart wrote:
>Talking with different board houses and other PCB designers I get different minimum
>widths for traces and gaps for high volume production boards.  One board house tells
>me:

This morning, while doing a net search on something else, I chanced into an
interesting (though IMO too brief) treatment on the underlying subject at-hand, in an
article on Design For Manufacturing, located here
http://www.graphicode.com/pages/files/The%20Last%20Chance%20for%20DFM1.htm

For those who are just getting into these questions, it's worth a quick read, as it
can help to reduce the rework one might have to perform, and with sufficient
negotiation of the topic in general, one might better setup their Protel design rules
and/or manual routing methodology to affect these concerns in an apriori manner,
instead of as an after-the-fact redesign...

aj

* To join or leave this list visit: