>Have you considered purchasing something more substantial for backup
>power? With the summer coming, and long-term solutions a year or two in
>the making, you will probably being seeing them more often as the season
>progresses...

Nice suggestion, perhaps I will. I've thought of getting a generator, but
these are not really outages, but rolling blackouts; as such they don't
seem to last more than an hour and a half or so. I'm not entirely sure I
want a couple of auto batteries in my office, but it might be much cleaner
than a generator. A generator would be more appropriate for a day of outage.

Meanwhile I do recommend at least modest backup power to all users. It's
less than $100 for a simple unit, and one incident might cost you more than
that; backup power usually includes line filtering as well, so the
additional cost is not bad at all.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Abdulrahman Lomax
P.O. Box 690