As a piece of information, seeing as Mr. Harris has continued this
discussion here:

>And exactly why do you think yahoogroups.com want to run a list for you?

They do it to make money. For $5 per month, the list is advertising free.
Numerous users have offered to pay the $5 per month; I'm among them.

>Personally I think a bit of indirect advertising from techserve is
>preferable to the invasion of privacy, advertising and other crap (like
>blatant abuse of  cookies) from Yahoogroups.

I can understand. However, yahoogroups subscriptions can be managed by
email commands; it is not necessary to use the web site and to thus be
exposed to cookies. So once yahoo has been paid to make the list
advertising-free, the issues which quite legitimately concern Mr. Harris
become moot.

That does not mean that the list should be moved, only that this particular
argument against it is misdirected.

Once again, I ask that further discussion like this take place on the
association list. It does currently have advertising; the association can
decide at any time to remove the advertising. Discussion here may go around
and around in circles without any resolution, wasting everyone's time.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Abdulrahman Lomax
P.O. Box 690
El Verano, CA 95433