> For some logic device families the input current is much smaller in the
high
> state than in the low state .
>
> Matt Tudor , MSEE

I would have thought that this would *normally* be a pretty academic
consideration. Any contemporary series of logic devices has very low input
currents for both Vss level inputs and Vdd level inputs, like less than 1
uA. So unless you have a shoe-string current budget, e.g. running logic from
a battery with a limited Ah capacity and/or for extended periods, other
factors would also influence which level that otherwise unused inputs are
tied to.

This is my one and only post on this thread to this forum. I concur with
Andrew Jenkins, who previously suggested that this thread should be moved to
the OT forum.

Regards,
Geoff Harland.
E-Mail Disclaimer