Yes I have the same problem. If you examine what the Client99se.exe is doing
when it is "hung" in task manager it is actually writing out loads of .ini
files (use ntfilemon and handleex from www.sysinternals.com to see this).
Also in my case it is not only Protel consuming CPU time but the Virus
scanner (Mcafee V4.5).

I found disabling my virus checker scanning .ini files and problem went
away, perfect exits everytime !!!!!!!.

Oh also as has been said before RAM, RAM and more RAM with Win2K. I have
384Mbyte. With small amounts of RAM 64/128Mbyte Protel sometime can take a
long time to exit due to rather excessive page file activity which of course
can be prevented with RAM, RAM and more RAM.

Ian

* To join or leave this list visit: