Hello all,
        I was just in the process of going over some gerbers for our latest board
design.  I was looking at Mid Layer 1, where in my design I have placed
circular traces (8 mil wide tied to a internal ground plane with 30 mil
diameter pad with a 15 mil hole) around areas where summing junctions of OP
Amps pass from the top of the board to the bottom of the board.

        I noticed that in some cases there were some pads missing.  Some of these
guards have pads connecting them to an internal plane and some just have a
drill hit.  No pad what so ever.  The pads are there in all cases when I
look at the PCB in Protel.

        Has any one else seen this phenomenon?  Shouldn't there be a pad everywhere
there is a trace that passes through the board even on in internal signal
layer?

        Thank you for your time and have a nice day.

John Branthoover            :
Electrical Design Engineer  :
Acutronic  R & D            :Phone  (412) 968-1051
137/139 Delta Drive         :Fax    (412) 963-0519
Pittsburgh PA 15238         :Email  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
USA                         :WEB    http://www.acutronic.com

* To join or leave this list visit: