Thanks for all the responses.

AutoCAD vs. Protel Documentation
Within my company, I've debated the advantages of leaving the documentation
in Protel with my associates.  Eventually, even I came to realize that
AutoCAD best meets our needs.  We are primarily a contract manufacturer.
This is our bread and butter.  Clear, well presented documentation results
fewer questions.  AutoCAD is the best editor to cater the documentation to
our production line workers.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
> I generally freeze layers that I don't need to see to speed up screen
redraws.

What are your typical boards like?  How much does this speed up redraw?

In a message dated 4/2/01 9:00:50 AM Pacific Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
writes:
> I agree that AutoCAD can be painfully slow dealing with a drawing which
contains a Protel created >PCB.

Have you tried FREEZing the layers you are not actively editing?

* To join or leave this list visit: