I think there is some confusion here. The file date of a library does not
change if the library is opened. But the file date of a .ddb file does
change when it is opened. I think the users who have written in this thread
have looked at the file date for a .ddb containing a library, and not of
the library file date itself. I verified that the actual library file dates
do not change when the library is opened or accessed from Schematic. Only
the .ddb file date changes.

I think this is generic Protel 99 behavior, all revisions.

But it's a great idea to make standard or verified library databases
read-only anyway.

I did send a response immediately when I saw the first question in this
thread, but it got lost in the server problems, apparently.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Abdulrahman Lomax
P.O. Box 690
El Verano, CA 95433