> I was just in the process of going over some gerbers for our latest board
> design.  I was looking at Mid Layer 1, where in my design I have placed
> circular traces (8 mil wide tied to a internal ground plane with 30 mil
> diameter pad with a 15 mil hole) around areas where summing junctions of
OP
> Amps pass from the top of the board to the bottom of the board.
>
> I noticed that in some cases there were some pads missing.  Some of these
> guards have pads connecting them to an internal plane and some just have a
> drill hit.  No pad what so ever.  The pads are there in all cases when I
> look at the PCB in Protel.
>
> Has any one else seen this phenomenon?  Shouldn't there be a pad
everywhere
> there is a trace that passes through the board even on in internal signal
> layer?
>
> John Branthoover

I suspect that the option of including unconnected mid layer pads has not
been selected. I don't have Protel 99 SE open at present, but in the CAM
Manager server, the dialog box provided for setting up Gerber files has a
number of tabs, and on one of those, there is a checkbox provided for
controlling that setting. Check that checkbox and then re-generate your
Gerber files.

Regards,
Geoff Harland.
E-Mail Disclaimer