Lou,

If you have placed any solder mask layer pads, check that their hole size
is 0. I'm not sure if this explains your problem but if they are not 0,
they WILL NOT appear in either the generated drill drawing or drill guide
(I'm not sure about the hole size editor list). They WILL however, be
listed in the drill file and will therefore be drilled in the board.

Of greater concern is, that if these pads are placed over areas with inner
plane copper and their holes get plated through, you will get shorted
planes in your board. The plane clearance rule ignores holes in solder mask
layers.

(running SP5)
Regards
Phil Louden

At 09:32 04/04/01, you wrote:
>Dear Members,
>
>I always trust the drill chart which protel creats on the drill drawing
>layer, (with a special string .Legend on the drill drawing layer). But This
>time, when I check the gerber file, I find that the drill chart does not
>match the actual holes well. From the hole size editor, I get the number of
>0.4mm holes is 2026, and 1.5mm holes is 4, But from the gerber file, It says
>that there are 2030 holes with 0mm dia, and no holes with 1.5mm dia. Does
>anyone else come across that? Or How can I solve that? Any inputs would be
>great appraciate.
>
>BTW, I am quite busy these days. Maybe I will not respond your mail
>promptly, But I can hear the voice from you all, and thanks very much for
>your kindly responses.
>
>The best wishes to you all.
>
>Luo.

* To join or leave this list visit: