On 05:28 PM 2/04/2001 -0700, Kirk Haderlie said:
>I placed fills on an internal plane and checked the keepout box.  I assumed
>that the keepout woulds void the copper on the internal plane when gerbers
>were created. It did not.  Is there a way to apply the keepouts to gerbers
>or are keepouts only used for DRC?  If so what is the proper way to void the
>copper on the internal plane?
>
>Kirk Haderlie
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Vivid Image Engineering

Place a fill on the internal plane - no need to mark it as a keepout.
Internal planes are negative layers.  This means:
1) they exist everywhere from 0,0 to 100",100" (and beyond if you wish to
get philosophical.)
2) anything you place on them *removes* copper in that area
3) you should place tracks around your PCB edge, on the internal planes
that you use, to pull back the copper from the edge of the board.  Copy and
paste the tracks that define the PCB edge onto the used plane layers (see
Paste Special command) and fatten up to say 50 mils is usually
enough.  Deal with any special features such as break-off tabs etc to
ensure the copper plane is pulled back from them.

Ian Wilson

* To join or leave this list visit: