At 11:58 AM 4/4/01 +0100, Coleman, Tim wrote:

>I got a problem with Protel crapping out with an exception error when I go
>to annotate a schematic diagram. I have tried repairing the database which
>has no effect.
>
>I am running  99SE with sp6 on NT4.

There may be someone here who has had this problem, but this is the kind of
situation where contact with Protel support can be really useful. If there
is not a known issue around this, Protel will probably want to see the
file; files which reliably cause an exception error are valuable tools for
finding and fixing the problem.

It is possible to chunk the schematic, as previously described on this
list. In short, this means cutting the schematic into 2 pieces to find
which one causes the error, if indeed the error still exists in one but not
both of the pieces. Then that piece can again be divided, etc.

If this is a complex hierarchy, things get more interesting, because
chunking may break an error caused by one piece interacting with another.
In that case adding back in pieces or sheets may uncover the problem.

If the error exists in both, then one should attempt an annotation with a
known good schematic. If there is still a problem, reinstall Protel. In
fact, do this test annotation first, before anything else....

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Abdulrahman Lomax
P.O. Box 690
El Verano, CA 95433